xtroff, ditroff on Sun

C Chase nvuxr!cmc3 at bellcore.bellcore.com
Wed Jul 12 02:08:01 AEST 1989

I would like to see how xtroff works.  If it works even marginally well,
it would be a big help to the work we do around here.  I downloaded xtroff
from expo, and looked through the README file.

It is my impression that I need to have something called ditroff (Device
Independent TROFF), which, since I have a Sun, I don't have.

How can I get ditroff?  Do I have to buy it?  If so, that would rule out
my experimentation with xtroff, since I'm not willing to pursue the
mountain of paperwork necessary to buy software.  If it's possible to get
ditroff by ftp'ing someplace, could somebody please fill me in on the
details.

Craig Chase
cmc3 at bellcore.bellcore.com