Sparcserver390 unavailable !?!

Jiri Dvorak dvorak at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jul 26 19:49:10 AEST 1989

Has anybody already received some Sparcserver 390, and if yes, do they
work ?

We ordered one shortly after the announcement in April, together with a
bunch of diskless clients. Now the clients are here and today I received a
call from our local Sun order processing with the message that there are
Problems with the 390's: Production of 390's is delayed  *AT LEAST* until
*OCTOBER 89*. I.e. we probably won't get the server this year anymore.

Can anybody confirm or refute this statement?  What's wrong with the
Sparcserver390?  Is it best to cancel the whole order and buy something
else (what?) ?

Any rumours welcome.

"Don't forget to place your orders for 1995 right now"

Jiri Dvorak                  dvorak at iam.unibe.ch   or
Institute for Informatics    dvorak%iam.unibe.ch at relay.cs.net
University of Berne          UUCP: ..!uunet!mcvax!iam.unibe.ch!dvorak
Switzerland		     Phone: (+41 31) 65 49 02