Xterminals accessing TAAC's

Brian Wolfe baw at terminator.cc.umich.edu
Thu Jul 13 02:41:21 AEST 1989

My department is trying to determine whether we should get an X terminal
or a cheap sun to access a TAAC board that is in a Sun 4/150. I know it
sounds strange, basically we want to do some 3d imaging and send the TAAC
video to a monitor...  Does this sound reasonable? Would it be possible to
write X applications that use the Xterminals mouse and keyboard, but they
would also use the TAAC to display images?

I would gratefully apreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
Brian.

Brian Wolfe                    Internet: baw at terminator.cc.umich.edu
Systems Analyst                UUCP:     {rutgers,uunet}!sharkey!brian
Henry Ford Hospital 	       Voice:    (313)-876-7461
Detroit, MI 48202              FAX:      (313)-875-0315