Autobauding tty lines

Ted Schroeder ultra!ted at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 9 03:46:06 AEST 1989

It is my impression that autobauding on Suns is basically impossible
because the proper lines aren't failsafed and so you see random junk on
the ports often enough to send the autobaud algorithms crazy.

It's been a long time since I dealt with this, but I remember some Sun
3/280s that we had at a previous company that would get CPU bound if we
left long RS232 lines dangling (i.e. not connected to some other box
somewhere).  It seems like this can be solved by using appropriate
tie-down resistors or something, but don't ask me for details I'm just a
SW weanie.

      Ted Schroeder                   ted at Ultra.com
      Ultra Network Technologies      ...!ames!ultra!ted
      101 Daggett Drive
      San Jose, CA 95134
      408-922-0100

Disclaimer:  I don't even believe what I say, why should my company?