Loadable drivers under 4.0.3 (su

Brian Gordon claris!apple!netcom!gordon at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 21 01:54:31 AEST 1989

I've just been informed(?) that 4.0.3 for the sun3 includes run-time
loadable device drivers, a la the sun386i.  This seems so unlikely -- that
was one of the biggies for 4.1 -- that I'm calling for confirmation.
Anybody KNOW one way or the other?  If you have 4.0.3 up (I won't for
another week or so), you could check to see if there is a
"/usr/etc/modload" on the system, for example.

A similar question exists for 4.0.3 on the sun4 ...

The answer will go a long way in determining some development and release
strategies for a July product!

(Yes, we are asking Sun, but they are slow and not necessarily as reliable a
 source of information as real USERS.)