help! uucp problems on sun3 running sunOS 4.0

Adam Margulies acad!metaware!roadrunner!adam at sun.com
Fri Jun 23 09:19:27 AEST 1989

I have had innumerable problems running uucp on my sun3/50 under sunOS
4.0.

The most trying one, however, is this. I can tip to systems on my true
hayes and hayes compatible modems at 2400 baud. When uucp attempts to use
the same modems it will give this message in the log file intermittantly:

uucp pan (6/22-15:35-26900) FALLBACK (from 2400 to 1200)

It does this for many systems off and on. I have tried many things and I
consider myself a savvy uucp administrator. This drives me crazy, almost
as crazy as the poor sun documentation on uucp.

Anyone have a solution?

--
adam margulies          metaware inc.         "compilers, from a higher source"

UUCP: [...]!ucbvax!sun.com!acad!metaware!adam          ATT: (408)429-META x3016

"if C gives you enough rope to hang yourself, then metaware C gives you enough
rope to bind and gag your neighborhood, rig the sails on a small ship, and
still have enough rope to hang yourself from the yardarm." -review of highc