Screendumps on Sun w/NeWS

David Daemon daemon at mcnc.org
Tue Jun 13 00:56:10 AEST 1989

I am a relatively new user of Sun systems and have recently come across a
question where I need help.  I am running the Allegro Common LISP/ Common
Windows package which uses NeWS as a window server, and generating graphic
displays of some hierarchical structures.  The problem now is to get a
hard copy of the tree structures after they have been generated on the
screen.

It seems reasonable to assume that somewhere out there, there are public
domain or commercial utilities for this purpose, and I would greatly
appreciate help in finding them.  An article in this group on 5/19 posted
by Hank Grebe @ AT&T Bell Labs mentionned rastps for converting Sun
raster- files into postscript format, but how can I generate the raster
files, and where do I get pastps?

I am using a Sun 3/50 workstation hooked up to an Apple Laserwriter, along
with a monochrome monitor running NeWS 1.1.

Many thanks for your help.