Sun4/260 w/Postscript, Parallel interface

Lee Fedor fedor at dsg.csc.ti.com
Thu Jun 15 05:51:29 AEST 1989

We have recently attached a postscript laser printer to the ttyb port of
the cpu.  It runs rather slow on very large files.  The question has been
raised about putting the printer on a parallel port to speed it up.  My
sales rep from Sun says that they don't sell anything like that, and even
if I bought a parallel board from a third party vendor the software
wouldn't support postscript.  This doesn't sound right, but who knows.  If
anyone has done this sucessfully I would appreciate hearing from you.
I'll summarize if there is enough interest.  Please send info directly to
me at fedor at dsg.csc.ti.com.  Thanks in Advance,

Lee Fedor   fedor at dsg.csc.ti.com

Texas Instruments
P.O. Box 149149  MS 2201