Has anyone received their SPARCstations?

ekrell at ulysses.att.com ekrell at ulysses.att.com
Fri Jun 23 01:26:12 AEST 1989

>Has anyone in the world their received a real SPARCstation 1?

There's a cover page story in the June 19th issue of InfoWorld:

"SparcStation Deliveries Delayed"

According to this article, there were early problems with the Sparc IU
made by LSI Logic Inc. and Gene Banman, director of product marketing for
Sun's entry systems group, said it would be probably 2 months before the
backlog disappears.

This doesn't affect 330's, 370's and 390's which use a different
processor.

We ordered a color and a monochrome 4/60 and a 3/80. We got the 3/80 a
week ago. I called our sales rep and I was told the shipment dates for our
4/60's were June 30th for the color one and August 6 for the monochrome
one.  --

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com