Replaying input to a window?

David Carrington munnari!uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au!davec at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 28 06:18:38 AEST 1989

I am interested in capturing input typed to a window and being able to
replay it later. The application is the performance measurement of some
windowing applications to test the effect of some internal options. A
technique for either Sunview or X11R3 would be appreciated.  Note: it is
the replay mode that is most important as I can capture the keystrokes by
manual recording.

I understand that NeWS has a journalling capability for this task - is
there an equivalent for Sunview or X?

Thanks in advance,

David Carrington (davec%uqcspe.cs.uq.oz at uunet)