Trancript 2.0 vs Transcript 2.1

AARON KONSTAM AKONSTAM%TRINITY at icsa.rice.edu
Thu Jun 29 00:06:01 AEST 1989

We are currently running SUNOS 3.5 on our server and have Transcript 2.0
installed. Some new machines are coming that will be running SUNOS 4.0.x.
Therefore is therefore pressure to upgrade our server to SUNOS 4.0.x.
Our salesmen tells us that to do this will require buying Transcript 2.1.
Questions:
1. Is this true?
2. Can we send documents from a SUNOS 4.0.x machine to the SUNOS 3.5
server with Transcript 2.0 and have them print on the laserwriter attached
to the printer?
3. How does installing CAPS50 and printing through localtalk alter the picture?

Could you answer me directly if you have any advice or answers.