Pascal to "C" translator

Bob Myers bmyers at killer.dallas.tx.us
Thu Jun 29 07:14:01 AEST 1989

In article <4044 at kalliope.rice.edu>, 21674RJS%MSU.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Robert J. Stanton) writes:
> |Date:    Thu, 15 Jun 89 17:05:01 EDT
> |From:    Andre Chartier <chartier%bnrmtl.UUCP at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
> |
> |Problem:  We have a program written in Pascal (called Pascal-2 from
> |          the Oregon Software company), which is about 40 000 lines
> |          long.  We would like to translate it to C.
> |
> |Question: Do you know any packages or tools which may help?
> |
> |Thanks!   Send replies to: bnrmtl!chartier at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
> |

> Microsoft has a public domain package which translates Turbo Pascal to
> Microsoft Quick C.  I haven't heard of any other translators.
>
>                                                  /rjs
> Acknowledge-To: <21674RJS at MSU>

I have been using a pascal to c translator package for apollo's, and found
that the code could be moved to sun 3's with very little changes.  it is
available from TGL incorporated.  you could contact john bertani at
503-745-5880 (leave a message; he's in the process of moving).

they also support turbo pasca to c, and a few others...

bob myers
systems applications engineer
fpu applications group
texas instruments
(214)997-3976

p.s.  i've translated about 40,000 lines of pascal with this system
with little or no hand editing needed; normally customer support is
very good...