does graphics accelerator speed up color windows on sun-4

Lou Steinberg lou at aramis.rutgers.edu
Thu Jun 8 14:30:07 AEST 1989

We are contemplating buying a couple of sun 4/60's with color screens and
the GX graphics accelerator, but are hesitating a bit.  We have an older
sun-4 without the accelerator, and find that doing window-related
operations (e.g. opening, moving, etc) is painfully slow, apparently
because there are so many bits to move.  (We use primarily X windows, if
that matters.)  Does anyone have experience with the GX accelerator?  Does
it speed up the window operations appreciably?

Thanks.
Lou Steinberg

uucp:   {pretty much any major site}!rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!lou
arpa:   lou at aramis.rutgers.edu