$2K Sun SPARC "Campus Machine"???!!!

Dave Bakken bakken at arizona.edu
Tue Jun 20 11:00:09 AEST 1989

I have come upon some information about a potential NeXT killer, and I
wonder if anyone has heard anything about it.  The two data I ran across
are:

- in the Sun Observer of about 3 weeks ago an article was telling about
the speakers at a recent conference.  They quoted Bill Joy as saying one
of Sun's "primary" thrusts is to market a "Campus Machine".  The article
mentioned a base price of $2K, but did not have information about hard
disks and other configuration information.

- in the June 4 or 5 issue of (?computer week) it mentioned in passing a
deal of a few weeks prior where Toshiba will be makeing a SPARC machine,
supposedly at a good price.

DETAILS, DETAILS.  I MUST HAVE DETAILS!!!!!!!
--
Dave Bakken
bakken at arizona.edu
uunet!arizona!bakken