68881 floating point processors

Roy Smith roy%phri at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jun 23 00:33:34 AEST 1989

In <3920 at kalliope.rice.edu> bossert at athens.thalatta.com (John Bossert) writes:

> I need a couple [of 68881's] - does anyone have a good supplier?
> 12 Mhz should be plenty fast - they're for 3/50's.

I'm not sure if 12 MHz parts are sufficient; we put 16's in our 3/50's.  I
think there might be a jumper to select which coprocessor clock speed you
want, but I'm not sure.  /usr/etc/mc68881version reports that ours are
running at 16 MHz.

But, assuming it's 12's that you really do want, I noticed that they are
in the Jameco catalog!  They list the XC68881RC12A for $54.95, quantity 1.
If I understand their part number code correctly, it's an XC (as opposed
to MC) because it is "close-out pricing -- part number will be
discontinuted when stock is depleted"  Try calling them at 415-592-8097.

455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
{allegra,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
"The connector is the network"