Need replacement for /usr/bin/mail on 386i.

Stefan Mochnacki stefan at lynx.astro.utoronto.ca
Sat Jun 24 05:39:24 AEST 1989

In the process of making mail work on my de-Yellow Paged 386i, I have
discovered that /usr/bin/mail  ("binmail") is brain-damaged to the point
of having an apparently hard-coded call to ypbind. BIND sendmail 5.61
seems to work fine, but all local delivery dies and things end up in
/var/spool/mqueue/dead.letter.

I need a substitute for binmail in source, 4.3 BSD -compatible. Does
anyone have such a beastie available i.e. a LocalMailer  ???

Stefan W. Mochnacki          INTERNET - stefan at lynx.astro.utoronto.ca
Astronomy, U. Toronto        UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios!stefan
+1 (416) 884-9562            BITNET - mochnacki at utorphys.bitnet