what does -O4 flag do for cc?

Chris Esposito bcsaic!chrise at beaver.cs.washington.edu
Sat Jun 10 09:24:24 AEST 1989

Does anybody know what the `-O3' and `-O4' flags do when passed to cc?  Do
these cause some additional optimization beyond that done by `-O' to be
done?  I have seen these flags used in various programs from the source
archives but have not seen any documentation on them.  I have a 3/260
running OS 3.5 but only a 3.2 manual set.

The Eskimos have 9 words for snow. In Seattle, we have 32 words for rain.
Chris Esposito                      | CSNET: chrise at atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | uucp: ...!uw-june!bcsaic!chrise