HP-UX tar tape unreadable by SunOS

Lyle Wiedeman wiedeman at orion.cf.uci.edu
Sat Jun 10 02:37:07 AEST 1989

Netbeings:

I have a tar tape created under HP-UX.  I want to read it onto a Sun
(Sun-4 SunOS 4.0). Tar gives me I/O errors.  Any suggestions as to tar
parameters to use or a platform other than HP which could read this tape
(I'm at a University, I might scare one up - but I don't know of any hp's)
would be deeply appreciated.  If it matters, it is a 1/4" cartridge tape
written in Japan, so it's hard to find out more details about its method
of creation.

Thanks in advance.

	Lyle Wiedeman                 Distributed Computing Support
	wiedeman at orion.cf.uci.edu     Academic Computing Services
	wiedeman at UCI.BITNET           Univ. Calif. Irvine