Autobauding with carriage return

Pat Murphy PMURPHY at isdmnl.menlo.usgs.gov
Tue Jun 6 09:52:54 AEST 1989

At the USGS facility in Menlo Park, we have a SUN 3/280S with a ALM-2
asynchronous board in it.  We also have a ROLM 9000 PABX with data
capability.  We have attached a number of the ALM-2 lines to the switch
and would like to implement true autobauding.  Unfortunately the obvious
does not work, namely the existing Auto-baud type in the default gettytab,
which uses the 'ab' option.  I am assuming I am doing something wrong, and
would be interested in a ttytab and gettytab that does autobaud, and the
nature of the hardware to which it is connected.

In the absense of true autobauding, we are obtaining baud rate selection via
the BREAK key.