Graphics Packages for the Sun (evaluati

Chris Bohner mrst!cmb at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jun 20 07:32:16 AEST 1989

I am looking for a graphics package that will that satisfy the
following requirements:

	1. Libraries available written in C (Fortran acceptable).
	2. Has utilities for engineering graphics (bar charts,
	xy-graphs, xyz-graphs, histograms, vector-flow graphs, contour
	charts).
	3. Has calls to lower level graphics routines, preferably in
	some standard (PHIGS, PHIGS+, GKS, in order of preference).
	These routines should allow for true 3-D capability.

If anyone knows of a package out there, please contact me - I have been
looking, but most of the packages are written in FORTRAN.  Any comments on
packages you are using would also be appreciated!!

Also, has anyone use the package Grafkit by SCO, Inc. or Blox/Template
by Template Graphics Software, Inc. ...I would love to hear any
comments!!

Chris Bohner
MRS Technology, Inc.
10 Elizabeth Dr.