X11/NeWS.

George W. Leach reggie at dinsdale.paradyne.com
Tue Jun 20 03:49:59 AEST 1989

In article <3633 at kalliope.rice.edu> eho at cognito.princeton.edu (Eric Ho) writes:

>Does anyone out there know if X11/NeWS will eventually be included into
>SunOS ?  If not then it'll be a boo boo though.  I mean, I don't see why
>Sun still continues to ship their machines with 1st generation
>kernel-based (yuck !!) window systems when other manufacturers are
>shipping their products with network-based window systems.  I think that
>Sun is falling behind in this regard.

At the X11/NeWS BOF, which was held on Thursday evening at the USENIX
Conference in Baltimore last week, Darlene Mann, Product Manager Windows
Marketing, indicated that it would be part of the standard software
package with a Sun.  It will come on a different distribution tape, so
that a new release of X11/NeWS will not hold up a release of SunOS or visa
versa.

George W. Leach					AT&T Paradyne
.!uunet!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LG-133
reggie at pdn.paradyne.com				P.O. Box 2826
Phone: (813) 530-2376				Largo, FL  USA  34649-2826