sun 4.0 multiple swap partitions

Eduardo Krell ekrell at ulysses.att.com
Wed Jun 14 12:11:16 AEST 1989

In article <3502 at kalliope.rice.edu> you write:

>Is it possible to put a line in the /etc/fstab file for a second swap
>partition?  Or is that only for swap partitions for clients?

You need an entry in /etc/fstab for all extra swap partitions.
Otherwise, "swapon -a" (being run from /etc/rc) won't find
them.

Use something like:

/dev/xd1b	swap			swap sw			0 0

I don't understand why people are having problems with the kernel
config file. All I have is

config		vmunix		swap generic

and we've never had any problems (even when we added the 2nd disk
where the extra swap partition is).

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com