help needed with Sunview Application

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Fri Jun 9 22:28:45 AEST 1989

> The problem seems to be the following: When I try to destroy all the items
> of the entry panel (EDIT & QUIT) so that the edit buttons can be displayed,
> the button that was pressed to bring the edit buttons (EDIT) STAYS there
> after I release the mouse.

Instead of destroying and recreating the buttons, just set the
PANEL_DISPLAY_ITEM attribute to FALSE.  The buttons will disappear.  You
can make them come back by setting the value to TRUE.  I don't know if
this will cause redisplay problems like the panel_destroy_item() routine.
I seem to recall having used this technique without any problems.

Chuck Musciano				ARPA  : chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation 			Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!chuck
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912			AT&T  : (407) 727-6131
Melbourne, FL 32902			FAX   : (407) 727-{5118,5227,4004}

Oh yeah, laugh now!  But when the millions start pouring in, I'll be the one
at Burger King, sucking down Whoppers at my own private table! --Al Bundy