Sun 3 keyboard vs. Sun 3/50 keyboard

Rick Rodgers rodgers at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Wed Jun 28 04:25:25 AEST 1989

In v8n45, Winston Edmond (wbe at bbn.com) writes:
|  Later, when I got my Sun 3/50, I, too, found I made a lot of typing
|  errors, and I still do two years later (though not as many).  Yet, I like
|  the keyboard.  Why?  Because most of the errors are caused by two things:

|  (1) the lack of a registration indicator on the keyboard (e.g., dimples on
|      'd' and 'k', sculptured 'f' and 'j', or some such) so that I can be
|      offset and not know it; and

I don't know about your 3/50, but our set of 12 or so dimple-tops DO have
sculpted 'f' and 'j' keys; they have a slightly increased concavity.  I
noted this immediately the very first time I used one, although to this
day many of my colleagues deny that they can feel this; the shape is
clearly visible.

Cheerio, Rick Rodgers (rodgers at maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu)