Interactive graphics wanted

JIXU at cancer.rutgers.edu JIXU at cancer.rutgers.edu
Sat Nov 18 01:05:00 AEST 1989

I'd like some recommendations for supported, interactive 2D and 3D
plotting packages for Suns. By 2D and 3D plotting, I mean the ability to
draw rectangular, polar, cylindrical and spherical plots in 2 and 3
dimensions in a variety of formats (e.g. contour plots, hidden surface
plots, etc.).  Numerical capabilities (such as data manipulation) would be
a plus. I'm used to using Innosoft's MATHLIB package on VMS systems -- my
aim is to find a Sun package with similar functionality.

Jim

P.S. To any VMS users reading this, I strongly recommend MATHLIB which
does everything you could ever want -- plotting, ODEs, PDEs, FFTs,
nonlinear equation solving and fitting, etc.