Standalone sound player for SS1

Rich Gopstein soleil!gopstein at rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 9 07:48:21 AEST 1989

The following ed script will convert /usr/demo/sound/sound.c into a
standalone program to play sound files on the Sparkstation I.  Save the
script into "patchfile" and issue the following command:

ed /usr/demo/sound/sound.c < patchfile

The version of sound.c that this works on is:
-rw-r--r--  1 bin         37759 May 25 22:58 sound.c

This will create play.c in the current directory.  Just "cc -o play play.c"
to compile.  Its use is "play [-v volume] soundfile" where volume is 0-10,
the default is 7.  Since it doesn't use the screen, it will work with rsh.

If anyone wants it, I have a quick-hack program to convert 8-bit binary
sampled audio (like the MAC uses) into the u-law format for the SS1,
but it is not very user-friendly.

Rich Gopstein
..!rutgers!soleil!gopstein

[[ Ed's Note: included because it was so short :) -bdg ]]

1848,1854d
1709,1833d
1705c
		strcpy(Buffer.directory, ".");