rpc.bootparamd and booting failures

Klas Heggemann klas at nada.kth.se
Tue Nov 14 01:58:15 AEST 1989

A while ago there was some discussion in the sun managers mailing list
about rpc.bootparamd and problems booting some machines. I then mentioned
that I had written some small programs to track problems when booting a
client fails. These will be avaliable as a shar file with anonymous ftp
from sirius.nada.kth.se (130.237.222.29) as "src/bootparams.shar".  With
this letter I also include a copy that can be placed in the archive at
rice.edu.

One of the programs sends a RPC request (to a specific server or a
broadcast request) asking for booting information and reports the
respone(s). Also included is a version of rpc.bootparamd that will allow
the use of aliases in the /etc/bootparams file.

Ed's Note: included file in archives

FTP	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.30.1)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : bootparams.shar

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source bootparams.shar