ViewLogic ECAD experiences?

Webster Dove rocket!dove at uunet.uu.net
Fri Nov 17 13:40:42 AEST 1989

I am considering purchasing a ViewLogic setup for one of our sparcs.  We
want to do analog/digital design of peripheral interfaces with FPGA
devices, ttl and off the shelf MSI/LSI (fifos, memories, ...).

Some unanswered questions are:

How to do worst case timing and fault analysis since ViewSim doesn't
support them?

The libraries we have borrowed from ViewLogic have nothing like 8253
timers.  Would we do better to get libraries from Logic Automation?

Would we need those in addition?

ViewLogic sells something called workview II for sun with VHDL Anal.,
ANALOG I/F and digital simulation.  If I buy that, do I also need to buy
standalone ViewSim S/D with VHDL?

Any comments?

Most Sun-spots are probably not interested in the answers, so mail me if
you please.

Web