The power of Usenet

Jonathan D. trudel at revenge.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 7 01:32:24 AEST 1989

A little while ago, I aired my problems with ordering products from Sun.
Apparently the order had been lost in the shuffle when they changed over
to their new ordering system, and our sales rep had problems finding the
order.  Two years ago we placed the order, and I really doubted that I'd
get the products delivered in the forseeable future.  My message indicated
my frsutration.

Such messages appear to get results.  The Monday after I posted the
message my boss got a call from our newest sales rep, who informed us that
several managers and departmental vice presidents saw the message, and
instructed him to solve the problem.  Friday of that week, I got the board
we had waited two years for.

I guess the Usenet does serve some purpose after all :-)

						Jon