QUESTION: How to make user process sleep less than a second

Mitchell..Wright mitch at hq.af.mil
Wed Nov 22 02:46:17 AEST 1989

Recognition_Concepts_Inc at cup.portal.com writes:

>We need to have a user process sleep for less than 1 second.  I am using a
>SUN 3/160 running SUN UNIX 4.0.3. I think the existing sleep gives you 1
>second granularity. I need 1/100 second granularity.  Thanks for the help,

I don't have anything that will handle 100ths of a second, but I do have
something that works for units of sixtieths of a second.

Hope this helps...

Ed's Note: Placed in archives.

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.30.1)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : nap.c

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source nap.c

--
Mitch Wright					Currently under contract to:
I-NET, Inc.					USAF 7th CG, The Pentagon
			  mitch at hq.af.mil
			gretzky at unison.larc.nasa.gov