SUNOS 4.0.3c

Russ Poffenberger poffen at sj.ate.slb.com
Mon Nov 27 12:07:06 AEST 1989

In article <3116 at brazos.Rice.edu> CCAT at UDESVM.BITNET (Anh-Tuan Truong) writes:

>Could anyone tell me :
>  - what is the difference between SUNos 4.0.3c ( for Sparcstation 1 )
>    and SUNOS 4.0.3 for SPARC ( SUN 4/110 )
>  - If I could install SUNOS 4.0.3c on my SUN 4/110 ?

The difference is mainly in the kernel code. The kernel is different for
the SS-1. According to the Sun installation manuals, you CAN install the
4.0.3c release onto any sparc machine. The application code is compatible.
You will get new directories created in /usr/kvm and /usr/sys to support
the SS-1 kernel's. DO NOT get these mixed up, you still need the standard
4.0.3 for sparc /usr/kvm and /usr/sys for your 4/110

Russ Poffenberger               DOMAIN: poffen at sj.ate.slb.com