SunOS 3.5 on Sun 3/80 and SparcStation-1 ?

felina!pjg at relay.eu.net felina!pjg at relay.eu.net
Sat Nov 18 02:20:48 AEST 1989

Our group is considering the purchase of some SUN 3/80s and
SparcStation-1. We have now some 3/50s and Sun 4/110 running SunOS 3.5
(Sun UNIX 4.2 Release 3.5EXPORT and SunOS Release Sys4-3.2_REV2_EXPORT)
and we want to be able to run the same version of the OS in all the
machines. This means that, for the moment, we do *not* want to upgrade to
SunOS4.0, at least while we can't upgrade the memory of the 3/50s.

My questions are:
- Can we run SunOS 3.5 on the 3/80 ? If yes, is it binary compatible
  with the version running on the 3/50s ?
- Can we run SunOS Sys4 3.2 on the SparcStation ? If yes, is it binary
  compatible with the 4/110s ?

Thanks