Does anyone use the Dvorak Keyboard with Interleaf?

David Collier-Brown davecb at nexus.yorku.ca
Sat Nov 11 00:05:14 AEST 1989

asuvax!gtephx!tiger!sheppards at ncar.ucar.edu (Scott Sheppard) writes:

>I am using Interleaf 4.0 on Apollo SR9.7 - soon to be SR10.1.  I have a
>user who is accustomed to the Dvorak keyboard. He is able to issue key
>definitions to map his standard keyboard to the Dvorak layout. This works
>great for Unix commands but does not work in Interleaf. Interleaf provides
>alternative keyboard layouts (e.g. Swedish) but Dvorak is not one of them.
>Does anyone know of one?

No, but Interleaf does! Back when I worked for the Canadian office, we
were given copies of the remapping file so we could do standard
french-canadian keyboards (specifically for Suns: I'm **not** sure we had
one of Apollo).  The file is ascii, and is editable.  You will need to get
a description of it, as I don't remember its syntax, from someone at
Interleaf...  Who have a direct link to Sun, but don't seem to be in my
uucp maps(!?).

I suggest you write a sed script to convert Apollo keymap files into
Interleaf, by the way, and maybe your-own-private-format into Apollo. I
don't find many of the formats particularly intelligable (:-)).

David Collier-Brown,  | davecb at yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave
Willowdale, Ontario,  | Joyce C-B:
CANADA. 416-223-8968  |    He's so smart he's dumb.