emulating a frequency of color on the sun color monitor

mckenna at think.com mckenna at think.com
Sat Nov 18 04:01:06 AEST 1989

I want to emulate certain frequencies of light on a sun color monitor.
Has anyone figured out the functions R(f), G(f), and B(f) that will allow
me to emulate a frequency f from the primaries red, green, and blue?

I read that certain frequencies may require "negative" primaries.
However, if I'm lucky, I may be able to emulate a spectrum s with positive
values

     |  R(s) ds ,   |  G(s) ds , and   |  B(s) ds .
    v              v                  v

					-Mike McKenna
					mckenna at think.com