Transcript installation on SunOS 3.5

David Collier-Brown davecb at nexus.yorku.ca
Fri Nov 17 06:39:00 AEST 1989

Recently I had the doubtfull pleasure of attempting to install TranScript
on a Sun 3/160 running SunOS 3.5.  It would install itself, but after
doing so nothing would print: the terminal I had attached as a printer
just sat there, staring dully at me with its single eye. Only the last
file printed **before** installing transcript remained on the screen.

  Lpq said:
testlaser is ready and printing
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
active operator   0    standard input                        11 bytes
1st    root       1    /etc/printcap                         2117 bytes
and has said so since midday yesterday.

If this is a well-known problem, could someone drop me a mail message with
a pointer to the solution?  If not, has anyone else suffered it?

David Collier-Brown,  | davecb at yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave
Willowdale, Ontario,  | Joyce C-B:
CANADA. 416-223-8968  |    He's so smart he's dumb.