Booting questions, via modem?

tomasz at sun2.fit.edu tomasz at sun2.fit.edu
Wed Nov 15 07:42:48 AEST 1989

Hi there!

Recently I have acquired a couple of diskless sun2/120 workstations. Being
an a extremely limited budget I have to wait on the purchase of the hard
drive and the controller.  Being impatient however I would like to be able
to use them in some way. ie. booting via modem from the campus network.  I
do have ethernet bords in both workstations, however there is no room
right now to put them on campus :-( Has anybody in netland done something
like this?  If you did or you have a helpful suggestion please drop me a
line. Since this is the first time I am dealing with the adm + hardware
interface type of stuff, I would appreciate hints that do not assume a
great knowledge of the system.

Thanks a lot in advance!
	Tom

Is there any way to store the operating system 4.0.* on several 1.4Mb
flopys and boot the system from the flopy drive?