Sun SCSI Disk Drive troubles

mark galbraith deltam!mark at uunet.uu.net
Thu Nov 9 06:27:35 AEST 1989

Be careful how you enable TERMPWR.  On some Sun workstations, TERMPWR is
*SHORTED* to ground.  This can, as you would expect, cause many problems;
including fried power supplies and motherboards.

Notably, the problems described occured here at Delta on our older
Sun-3/50 workstations.  I do not have any information on the newer
workstations.  The moral is, check pin 25 (TERMPWR) on your host adapter
connection, and if it is shorted to ground, do not allow TERMPWR to get
back to the Sun.

Mark Galbraith				Voice:  415-449-6881
Programmer/Postmaster			UUCP:   uunet!deltam!mark
"The opinions expressed are mine.	"Where were you during the
 My employer's may be different!"	 Great Quake of `89??"