Duplicate IP addresses

Robert E. Wargaski Jr. wargaski at accuvax.nwu.edu
Thu Nov 16 11:25:05 AEST 1989

In article <2836 at brazos.Rice.edu> ugoday at cs.buffalo.edu (Abdi M. Oday) writes:

>Now, john Doe from across the hall sets up his own Sun workstation and
>decided to use the same IP address (and hostname) as my client
>workstation.
>
>		[stuff about kludge ommitted]

Why on earth exert so much effort to make the server accept both machines,
with the same IP address, when one could more easily make a quick entry to
/etc/hosts?  It would save you loads of problems and headaches, and would
be up and running much sooner.

Are you out of numbers?  If so, just apply for another one!

Robert E. Wargaski Jr.		    |	This is stupid. -- Vila
wargaski at acns.nwu.edu		    |	When did that ever stop us. -- Avon
NU Distributed Systems Support	    |	. . . #include <disclaimer.h> . . .