Wierd message in /var/adm/messages

Mitchell S. Gorman felix!arcturus!mitch at hplabs.hp.com
Sat Nov 4 04:06:08 AEST 1989

Well, now that the Delta MicroSystems Drive is finally running (you can
all start sleeping at nite again!), it's time to move on to my next little
situation.  I've found a strange message in the aforementioned file, which
appeared some 9 hours before my system went down due to an st1 timeout
error message that somehow filled the / file system. (No-one was using the
tape drive at that time.)

Anyway the message appeared as:

Oct 26 03:52:25 firma vmunix: mem0: soft ecc addr b17e0 syn
9b<S32,S4,S2,S0,SX> 57 U1457

(all on one line, of course)

I have absolutely no idea what caused this message.  I thought maybe it
came from fparel, but I figured that would have a declaration that that's
who sent it; besides, it runs much earlier that 3:50 AM.

Anyone have any clues?

BTW, I'd like to thank everyone out there who graciously offered their
help with my Delta MicroSystems embroglio.  I really appreciate all the
response!  It's a cold hard world, and it's nice to know other people are
_also_ wasting their company's time and money reading the net! ;^)

Thanx again.
	Mitch (@arcturus.uucp)