Dynamic loading for SunOs

Oliver Laumann net%TUB.BITNET at mitvma.mit.edu
Tue Nov 14 02:56:41 AEST 1989

In article <2885 at brazos.Rice.edu> you write:
> Is there a way to link, at runtime, an arbitrary object file to the
> current process? The name of the subroutine to dynamically link is not
> known at compile/link time. It becomes known during execution. This object
> file must share the address space of the parent process. The linking
> should resolve external references in the object file with entry points in
> the current process.

You may want to look into the `Elk' Scheme interpreter that has been
posted to comp.sources.misc a couple of weeks ago.  Elk contains a module
that implements dynamic loading of object files into the running process
(see the file src/load.c); it makes use of the -A linker option
(incremental loading).

If you didn't get the above-mentioned posting or have more specific
questions about dynamic loading, send me e-mail.

Regards,
Oliver Laumann              net at TUB.BITNET              net at tub.UUCP