Backspace and Delete keys.

Jymmi C. Tseng NCUT028 at TWNMOE10.BITNET
Wed Nov 15 13:26:18 AEST 1989

Refering to your question about backspace and delete keys, I am willing to
share my experiences.

Insert a line in your .login file that reads:

stty erase = '^H' #This line means set the Delete key as ASCII character erase
stty werase = '^?' #Set the Backspace key as ASCII word erase
                   #Or whichever way you prefer it

Then insert these lines in your .defaults file (or using defaultsedit)

/Text/Edit-back_word "/b" #This line sets the backspace key as word kill.
                          #And so forth, did I solve your problem?

I am sure you can find your way from here on.  Mail me for further
questions.

Jymmi C. Tseng
NCUT028 at TWNMOE10