Need Source(s) of UNINTERRUPTABLE POWER SUPPLIES

sblair at synoptics.com sblair at synoptics.com
Wed Nov 8 08:09:43 AEST 1989

As many on Ca. lately, Mother Nature is still playing games with our
ground and our sense of humor. I find that we need to investigate sources
of UPS's for our 4/280's and our aging Xerox 8010 Disk Servers.

I would appreciate hearing from You about the following:

1) which brands are good for the above requirements
2) which brands have you had the best service and support from?
3) which brands have you had the worst "		      "?
4) what typical power times were considered
5) price ranges

Since we're on the Internet, I consider it VERY important to keep the
Mailserver and Nameserver up and running all the time.

Since the quake, the number of power outages seems very random. I hate to
get 8am wake up calls from work saying: " The power surged and died in the
quake a few minutes ago - what do we do".

please reply to one of the below email addresses..

sblair at mvis1.synoptics.com

Steven C. Blair		7651 Fairoaks Drive Pleasanton, Ca 94566
UNIX is me.........	(415) 426-0942 days and nights(*currently*)
sblair at riacs.edu	{sun, ucbvax, ames, decwrl}!riacs!sblair