mounted machine down => df hangs

Richard Tobin richard%aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 05:23:03 AEST 1989

Here's a replacement for df that shouldn't hang if the remote file server
is down (I have seen it hang when the remote machine was in some bizarre
semi-down state).  It's almost completely df compatible - the only
difference I know is that when a file system is more than 100% full it
prints out a negative number of available k rather than zero.

-- Richard

Richard Tobin,                     JANET: R.Tobin at uk.ac.ed
AI Applications Institute,         ARPA:  R.Tobin%uk.ac.ed at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Edinburgh University.              UUCP:  ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk!R.Tobin

Ed's Note:

FTP	HostName : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	FileName : repdf.c

Archive-Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive-Server Command: get sun-source repdf.c