Screenblanking VS Shutting off monitor

Gerry Lachac dialogic!gerry at uunet.uu.net
Sat Nov 4 09:02:11 AEST 1989

I am in a bit of a debate here and I am throwing it out onto the net to
get some support.

QUESTION:  Is it better to leave a Sun monitor on all the time and let
screenblank do its thing, or shut off the monitor when not in use?

I am personally for shutting off the monitor when I leave, but other
people want to leave it on with screenblank running?

Anyone have any arguments to support either side?

uunet!dialogic!gerry   | "Even a dead plant turns  |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  over a new leaf          |	129 Littleton Rd
gerry at dialogic.UUCP    |  when the wind blows."	   |	Parsippany, NJ 07054