Pixrect line padding

David Lau-Kee canon!laukee at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 05:53:54 AEST 1989

(a) Am I missing something or is the

	#define MPR_LINEBITPAD 16

in <memvar.h> for post Sun 2 machines wrong?  My 4.0.3 documentation says
that for pixrects of width > 16 scan lines are padded out to a 32 bit
boundary.  This means that MPR_LINEBITPAD ought to be 32, and that the
mpr_linebytes macro (which will take your *actual* width and depth and
return the number of bytes you need to hold a whole line) gets it wrong
(unless your bitmap happens to be < 16 bits wide or a multiple of 32!).

(b) On a cg9 with GP2 running on a 4/370 under 4.0.3 sunview windows leave
nasty trails when I open and close them.  Looking through the
documentation on the CG6 (for 4.0.3) I see that similar glitches are cured
with patches available from Sun.  Q. Are these CG9 glitches related to the
CG6 ones (seems unlikely given the differences between the two), and does
anyone know where/if fixes are available?

	-- David Lau-Kee