Tabs in xedit (X-wind

Mark J. Kilgard mjk at puffed.rice.edu
Tue Nov 21 19:16:23 AEST 1989

>> If I use the editor 'xedit' of X-windows, horizontal tabs can be saved in
>> the file, but they are not displayed.  Since tabs are needed in for
>> example make files, this is rather disturbing. Does anyone know how to
>> display horizontal tabs in 'xedit' ?

I had the same problem.  I was writing a piece of code that borrowed large
chunks of xedit code (a mistake) and became obsessed with the tab problem.
It worked in X11r2 but X11r3 broke the way tabs were handled and they are
not initialized properly.

I've never seen a patch to the problem anywhere so I patched it myself.
To my knowledge the problem has never been fixed.  I have no idea about
X11r4.

Ed's Note: Fixes placed in archives.

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.30.1)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : xedit.c.fixes

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source xedit.c.fixes

Your results may vary.

- Mark Kilgard
  Rice University