More Administrativa

Bob Greene rgreeneb at ricevm1.rice.edu
Fri Nov 24 03:53:47 AEST 1989

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone :) [Just remember, neither rain
nor hail nor major holidays will keep Sunspots from being delivered]

Now, the 'yucky administrative' stuff: I would really appreciate it if every
place that redistributes Sunspots (in the Digest form) would send me a
note specifying (a) the redistribution address (b) the contact who is
nominally taking care of running the redistribution (c) everyone who is
on that list (d) where you get your copy of Sunspots from and (e) what
part of the net you are trying to cover with your redistribution.

This will accomplish several things: first, I will be able to get a more
complete idea of how many people actually see the digestified form. Second,
I will be able to correctly send people to a redistribution list instead of
adding them here at Rice if a redistribution exists which is serving their
site. Finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, I will be able to track down some of
the bounced mail I get (Sunspots returns mail 'by the bushels' a lot of
which I can't track to people on my lists).

If everyone that is running a redistribution could do this, I would
really appreciate it, and it would make the whole system (of redistribution
work more efficiently and smoothly).

Individuals that receive the Digest (ie: if you are the only one that reads
the copy you get) don't need to reply to this, just those people that send
it on to one or more additional users.

Please mail all information to me directly at the below address, not to
Sunspots.

Thanks, and enjoy your holidays.
Bob Greene                          Sunspots (comp.sys.sun) Moderator
RGREENEB at RICEVM1.BITNET             ONCS, Rice University
RGREENEB at RICEVM1.RICE.EDU           Houston, Texas, USA 77253
...!psuvax1!rice!ricevm1!rgreeneb