Page references on a Sun

Lloyd Lim lim at iris.ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 9 11:37:24 AEST 1989

My partner and I are doing a graduate project on the effect of page faults
on CISC and RISC machines.  We'd like to get page references made by a
program on a CISC Sun workstation and on a Sun SparcStation.

Is there any kind of Sun diagnostic software that would record the stream
of page references made?  Failing that, is there anything that would
record the number of page faults made by a program?

Failing both of the above, could some code be added somewhere to the
kernel or some daemon somewhere that could do what we want?  We would only
do this for our own research for a short period of time and would probably
need some supervision if we have to do this.

Please reply by e-mail since we don't read this group.  Thanks for any
suggestions you can give.

Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim at iris.ucdavis.edu (128.120.57.20)
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 146 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616