FDDI on Sun 3/280 running SunOS 4.1

The VolleyDog rhott at relay.nswc.navy.mil
Fri Dec 14 08:32:16 AEST 1990

I have a question of anyone that may have crossed a hurdle that is
currently in front of me.  He goes:

I just received the FDDI 1.1 software from Sun.  I tried to install it (as
per the manual).  The problem is that when linking the kernel, I get
_udp_cksum undefined.  I check a little, and it appears that
netinet/in_proto.c was replaced.  The change in this file was udp_cksum to
udpcksum.  I tried switching back, but this resulted in udpcksum
undefined.  The question I have is, is it acceptable to define both in
in_proto.c?

They were initialized to zero.  I don't know if they are modified!

I contacted Sun (1-800-USA-4SUN), but have not heard from them as of yet.
If you have been down this road, I would be interested in what you did!!

Thanks.

Fullname:         Robert W. (Bob) Hott
DDN Mail:         rhott at relay.nswc.navy.mil
DDN Mail:         rhott at volleydog.nswc.navy.mil