TFS help ...

Blair MacIntyre bmacinty at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Wed Dec 5 13:00:00 AEST 1990

I've decided to try and use the new TFS (Translucent file system) on my
workstations to access a majority of /usr.  I have a setup where I want
the workstations to be able to hobble along if the server is down, but
have all available software if the server is up.  Seems like a good
solution is to use TFS and keep required software in the front (local)
filesystem and the full set of software (server) in the back filesystem.

So, I tried to set it up.  Both these machines have 4.1.  They were bought
that way just recently (ie.  no upgrades).

But, the documentation on TFS is sparce.  I've read everything I can find
in the manuals and online.  The problem has boiled down to this:

- none of the required files in /etc have entries for tfs or tfsd in them,
  such as /etc/services I have no idea what needs to be added where.

So, if someone has it running, can you please tell me what needs to be
done.

Blair MacIntyre, Computer Graphics Lab
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L3G1
{bmacintyre@{watcgl|violet|watdragon}}.{waterloo.edu|uwaterloo.ca}